Today, we are connected to the Internet and have access to multimedia anytime we want and in any place. But these benefits come with some inconvenience as some of us are more sensitive to electromagnetic fields. Here are a few quick tips to lover our exposure to EMF.
1. Go to Power Options and set the laptop to Power Saver.
2. Get a USB grounder.
This is a usual yellow plug that is used for ESD protection and is paired with a USB plug that is connected to your laptop. Please note that you need to be sure your main sockets have the ground pin and are connected to the ground. There are even ground testers; please buy one.
3. Buy an EMF shield (it helps a little but is not the solution to have lower EMF). Usually, EMF shields are placed underneath the laptop. This helps to prevent EMF from going down; but the field still can escape from the top.
4. Use the laptop when you are less sensitive to EMF. I personally go out in the morning and work on my laptop in afternoon.
5. Use your laptop with breaks: 1 hour usage and 15 minutes break. This schedule works best if you mix it with breaks spent outside in nature.
6. If possible use USB keyboard and wireless mouse. I was a bit skeptical about the wireless mouse and keyboard but discovered a Logitech M510 mouse and Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 3000. The mouse turned out to be perfect. The precision of movement is very good and the two AA batteries last for months; yes, months. The mouse emits a bit of EMF, but only a very small amount compared to a laptop. The Microsoft keyboard also emits very low EMF.
7. Any EMF filter for laptop screens do not help that much. Just use the laptop from a distance.
I tried a film filter that was supposed to shield EMF from the laptop screen, but with no success.
8. When you play a game or watch a video on your laptop, it emits up to ten times more EMF. Keep this in mind and cut the laptop usage time down accordingly.
9. Your mobile phone also emits EMF, which can be even stronger than a laptop EMF. Consider using your mobile phone less and buy Samsung mobile phones, which have the lowest EMF.
10. Every electronic device emits EMF. Make sure you watch less TV if you want to cut EMF exposure.
11. Wireless internet devices have a strong EMF. Disable the wireless card in your laptop and use a WiFi dongle that is connected with a 3m USB cable to your laptop.
12. Wireless internet routers emit a lot of EMF. Keep them as far from you as possible.
13. Do not use your laptop in your bedroom, and do not watch TV in your bedroom.
14. Fun fact: it is believed that cactus lower EMF fields.
15. You will feel less EMF in a bigger room. Also, you should avoid any computer classes where there are twenty or more desktop computers in one room. I do not use desktop computers at all as they emit an enormous amount of EMF.
16. The more software you have in your laptop the more EMF it emits. Consider uninstalling some software that is not used. Click Windows button, Settings, Apps and look for apps that you do not use; uninstall them.
17. Go to the Task Manager and see what program uses the most recourse. Uninstall any program you do not need.
18. Use your laptop on a battery. It seems that laptops emit more EMF when charging.
19. Use a Windows dark theme. It will also help you to avoid eye strain.
20. If you still feel that the laptop still has an unacceptably strong electromagnetic field, consider replacing your laptop with another laptop model. I have a low EMF laptop list here.
21. You can monitor indirectly how much EMF your laptop emits. Press Ctrl + Alt + Dell and go to Task Manager, click Performance tab. If the processor is not fully loaded, your laptop emits lower EMF.
22. Consider using cabled internet connection (LAN) if you do not carry your laptop around.
This will also eliminate the need of wireless router; you can just turn off wireless radio in your router and considerably cut down EMF radiation.
23. Remove the wireless card from your laptop.
Even if it is disabled in Device Manager, the chances are the power still reaches it and still emits radio waves.
24. Use Night Light in Windows 10. It seems that this mode also has a bit lower EMF.
25. If possible use your laptop with a small monitor and keep your laptop in another room. There are smaller monitors—15.4 inch and 17 inch. Also, you can test which monitor works best for you. There are newer monitors with LED backlight and older monitors with CCFL backlight. I have found out that those older monitors with CCFL backlight work best for me.
There are linear power supplies. They emit a much lower EMF compared with your traditional power adapter that is supplied with the laptop. If you want to use them there will be some DIY work involved: a cable needs to be made, and this cable needs to have your type laptop power plug on one end and exposed wires to connect to the linear power supply on another end. A power supply of 19 Volts and 5 Amperes would be sufficient.
What Do You Want To Read Next. Write Me A Message.
Tell Me About Your Problem By Clicking Here. I Will Reply In Two Hours With A Solution.
We Sell Windows 10 Home and Pro 32/64 bit Factory Reset, Reinstall, and Restore USB Flash Drives For Laptops And Desktop Computers.
Reach Me on your phone browser using QR code below